APPLE BERRY OATS
Light but wholesome and darn-right tasty! Apple Berry Oats are full of goodness to sustain you through cold winter mornings, or chill overnight in the Summer for a healthy breakfast dessert.
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
2 + 1/2 tbsp CocoVelle
2 cups Water
1/2 cup Blueberries
1/4 cup Fresh Young Coconut Flesh
1/4 cup Natural Yoghurt
1 tbsp Chopped Pecans
1 tsp Honey
1. Cut the apple into 8 even parts, de-seed and place in a pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer with lid on for 15 minutes until soft.
2. In a separate pot, add the oats, CocoVelle and 1 cup of water. Cook over a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat and gently stir through 1 tablespoon of blueberries.
3. Scoop out 1/3 of a cup of the inner flesh from the fresh coconut and process with the coconut water to form a fluffy cream.
4. Layer your serving dish with the poached apples, coconut paste, oats, yoghurt and the remaining blueberries.
5. Garnish with pecans, then drizzle with warm honey.